We are currently hiring for the following position:
Project Coordinator, Area A Crab EM
Position Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Start Date: March 1, 2014
Type: FTE – 1 year contract
Compensation: Competitive rates, commensurate with experience
Application Close: February 28, 2014
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installation, removal and service of the EM systems on commercial fishing vessels
- Retrieval and analysis of data from onboard monitoring systems
- Repairs to electronic sensor equipment
- Provide support to other ongoing EM and Ecotrust Canada projects as required
- Organizing, checking and entering all data that is produced from biological sampling activities into a DFO approved Access database.
- Coordinating with vessels and data analyst to ensure that data is collected from EM systems, analyzed and available to DFO within regulatory timelines.
- Documenting and tracking all data retrieval and delivery to ensure data transparency and integrity.
Skills and Expertise
- Proven experience with fisheries monitoring and electronic equipment, or a technical aptitude and willingness to be trained;
- Mechanical aptitude, understanding of electrical circuits and experience with hand tools;
- Knowledge of and/or experience working fisheries and the marine environment;
- Ability to work independently with a high level of self motivation as well as the ability to take direction from managers and be a team player;
- Proficient with computers;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Work well under pressure;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to problem solve;
- Access to a vehicle and a valid BC Driver’s license;
- Physical fitness level to install EM equipment, lift totes of equipment and climb ladders to board fishing vessels;
- The ability to communicate in Vietnamese is an asset.
- Previous experience with data entry;
- Good task management and tracking skills;
- Working knowledge of both Microsoft Excel and Access are assets.
For additional information about the position, please download the attached PDF.
If you are interested in volunteering for Ecotrust Canada, please contact Lianne Payne at email@example.com, with your CV, availability for a volunteer position and type of experience you are looking for. We recruit volunteers on a project by project basis and assess each applicant on whether there is a volunteer position that matches their skills and experience.
|Tech Job Posting 2014 FINAL.pdf||288.33 KB|