We are an innovative non-profit striving to define a better kind of economy for British Columbia and the world. We welcome individuals who share that vision and are prepared to dream big with us.
Coworking Community Manager
|Position Title:||Coworking Community Manager|
|Hours:||37.5 hours/week (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)|
|Term:||12 Month Maternity Cover|
|Application Deadline:||March 11, 2018|
|Start Date:||April 23, 2018|
Ecotrust Canada is an enterprising non-profit whose purpose is to build the conservation economy. We work at the intersection of environmental sustainability and community economic development, promoting innovation and providing services for communities, First Nations and enterprises to grow their local economies.
The Amp is a social enterprise launched by Ecotrust Canada in 2014. We offer a shared space for mission-driven organizations and individuals to connect and collaborate every day. Ideally located at the crossroads of Gastown and Chinatown in the historic BC Electric Building, The Amp is a bright, beautiful space complete with all the amenities that social purpose teams need to thrive.
This is a 12 month maternity cover position. It is a hybrid role where you will be mostly managing the coworking space (80%) and also supporting Ecotrust Canada with their social media and communications strategy (20%).
Your primary role will be to manage The Amp coworking space by driving growth in membership, facilitating relationships between members of the community, marketing, managing day-to-day operations of the business and performing administrative duties. With a focus on service, membership and community development, the Coworking Community Manager will create an inviting atmosphere for all members and ensure new members are welcomed into the community.
Your secondary role will be to support Ecotrust Canada with the implementation of their social media and communications strategy. You will help post content to their website and social media channels, distribute e-newsletter and email programs, monitor and measure online engagement, and provide recommendations for optimizing these efforts based on your learnings.
In addition to bringing the right blend of technical skills, we seek a candidate who is flexible, confident, deeply competent and professional in their workplace approach. This position requires effective interactions and excellent communications with a wide range of internal and external clients, and the willingness and ability to take on special assignments as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promptly address equipment or service issues and coordinate with external contractors as needed (ie. Maintenance, cleaning, phones)
- Ensure the reception area and coworking space is always clutter free and professional looking
- Ensure shared supplies are always fully stocked – copier paper, toner, tea, coffee, milk
- Act as the go-to person for member issues and concerns
Marketing and Membership:
- Manage marketing activities for The Amp, including social media and website management
- Maintain an organized list of potential members, and proactively conduct outreach to fill vacancies as needed to achieve a minimum 90% occupancy target
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with members, community groups, funders and other organizations to grow The Amp’s public engagement and brand awareness
- Lead the monthly Events Committee Meetings
- Lead the monthly Health and Safety Committee Meetings
- Maintain a clean and welcoming onboarding process for new members
- Sustain and grow The Amp culture of a shared space for mission-driven organizations
- Uphold an engaged community of members by encouraging participation in events and activities
Front Desk and Office Administration:
- Greet members and guests, answer the telephone, respond to enquiries, collect mail, receive deliveries
- Execute member agreements with new and renewed members
- Conduct other administrative tasks and errands as needed
Amp Governance and Management:
- Attend board meetings to provide updates on the Amp community and operations
- Ensure coworking policies and procedures are followed by all members
- Communicate all updates and reminders to members respectfully and clearly
Ecotrust Canada Social Media and Communications:
- Create and maintain a social media posting schedule
- Manage multiple social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Post content to website when needed
- Create and maintain Google Adwords lists
- Distribute monthly e-newsletter or email campaigns to donors/subscribers
- Measure and report online engagement through Hootsuite and Google Analytics
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2-4 years’ experience in business management or community development
- Experience in administration, operations, marketing and sales
- Experience in social media management and tools
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and leadership/team-building abilities
- Skilled in MS Office suite
- Content management skills in Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Skilled in WordPress, Google AdWords, Hootsuite, Google Analytics
- Organized & results-focused
- High attention to detail and accuracy of information
- Honest and trustworthy
- Proactive, positive, and outgoing
- Respectful and discerning
- Flexible and ability to adapt to change
Additional Desired Qualities:
- Understanding of the coworking model or experience working within a coworking space
- Experience in event/workshop planning and creative ability to support members in animating the space
- Graphic design skills
To apply, please email as one PDF a cover letter and resume with subject line “Coworking Community Manager” to Nicola Parr (email@example.com) by 4pm on March 11, 2018.
All qualified applicants are invited to apply. We thank all applicants, however we will only contact those applicants selected for an interview.