We are an innovative non-profit striving to define a better kind of economy for British Columbia and the world. We welcome individuals who share that vision and are prepared to dream big with us.
Title: Office Manager
Organization: Ecotrust Canada
Reports to: CEO
Salary Range: $40,000 – $55,000
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Application Deadline: Friday, November 2, 2018
Overview: Ecotrust Canada is an enterprising non-profit working to build a resilient economy where people and nature thrive together. We develop innovative economic solutions that enable rural and remote communities across Canada to lead in the management and benefit of local resources – from forestry to fisheries to housing and energy. Our on-the-ground work and systems approach is entrepreneurial, partnership based and relentlessly practical.
The Office Manager works directly with the CEO and the Director of Communications to provide administrative and logistical support. In addition to bringing the right blend of technical skills, we seek a candidate who is flexible, confident, and professional in their workplace approach. This position requires effective interactions and excellent communications with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, the willingness and ability to take on special assignments as required, and the ability to recruit and train volunteers on occasion. We seek someone who is reliable, task focused and adept at multi-tasking, problem solving and communicating.
- Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Coordinate executive communications
- Manage staff meeting agendas including scheduling staff and external presenters
- Hold a strict level of confidentiality
- Communications and Development support
- Salesforce database management and pipeline reporting
- Maintain a calendar of foundation proposal and reporting deadlines
- Coordinating special events for donors
- Assisting in social media and newsletter distribution
- Secretary to the Board of Directors
- Coordinate logistics for all board meetings and board committee meetings
- Distribute agendas, informational materials for board and committee meetings
- Prepare minutes for board and committee meetings
- Manage board meeting expenses to meet budget
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 3-4 years experience in administrative or development support reporting to Senior Management
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build professional relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and CRM software, specific knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member
- A willingness to work flexible hours when necessary.
Conditions of Employment: This is a fulltime position (37.5 hrs/week) located in our Vancouver office. Remuneration commensurate with experience. Ecotrust Canada offers a generous vacation and benefits package.
To Apply: Please forward a cover letter and resume to:
Email: email@example.com (Subject Line: Office Manager)
Post: Ecotrust Canada
Attn: Lianne Payne, Operations Manager
90-425 Carrall Street
Vancouver, BC, V6B 6E3
We invite all qualified applicants to apply. We thank all interested parties but we will contact only those scheduled for an interview.