Are your heating costs sky-high? Does your house get too cold, too hot, and drafty? Do you live on BC’s North and Central Coast, or on northern Vancouver Island? We are setting up a free service that will help!
We understand the many obstacles when trying to complete a home renovation that will save you money on energy bills and reduce emissions. That’s why we are launching the Home Energy Savings Program to offer support throughout the renovation process.
Starting in the spring of 2024, we will provide a one-stop-shop that offers free, personalized guidance on making home energy efficiency upgrades in the North Vancouver Island and Prince Rupert regions, including:
- Public information and learning opportunities on upgrade types (e.g., insulation, windows/doors, heat pumps)
- A contact who will help you get started and offer advice based on your situation
- Getting an EnerGuide assessment of your home’s energy use
- Sourcing and working with contractors
- How to take advantage of available home renovation rebates and loans
Are you interested in learning more? Sign up for our newsletter in the form below. You’ll be the first to find out when the program services launch and get the latest home energy efficiency resources. In the meantime, check out our FAQ below, where we address some common questions and provide informational resources.
- Subscribe to the Prince Rupert Home Energy Savings Program mailing list
- Subscribe to the North Island Home Energy Savings Program mailing list
Who we are
This program is the result of seven years of work in partnership with communities in central/northern coastal BC. It is led by Ecotrust Canada, funded by Natural Resources Canada, and implemented in collaboration with our community partners. It aims to support and empower households to increase their home energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions while also reducing energy costs, energy insecurity, air pollution, and safety hazards.