For Immediate Release. March 31, 2011 – The First Nations Carbon Collaborative (FNCC) has organized a free webinar for First Nations to learn more about carbon trading, financing and projects. The purpose of the First Nations and Carbon webinar series is to bring together First Nations, carbon specialists, government and environmental groups to share information regarding their projects and policies for carbon and emissions trading, science and financing.
The webinar series will be offered every Wednesday from 12:00 to 1:30 PM (CST) beginning on April 20 and ending on May 25, 2011.
- National Chief Shawn A-In-chut Atleo (Assembly of First Nations)
- Grand Chief Edward John (North American Representative to the United Nations Permanent Forum)
- Vice Tribal Chief Terry Teegee (Carrier Sekani Tribal Council)
- Gary Bull (Professor, University of British Columbia)
- National Aboriginal Forestry Association
- Rob Miller (Miller Titerle LLP)
- Robert Falls (ERA – Ecosystem Restoration Associates)
- Shawn Burns (Carbon Credit Corp)
- Neil Hughes (Ecotrust Canada)
- First Nations from across Canada