We are an innovative non-profit striving to define a better kind of economy for British Columbia and the world. We welcome individuals who share that vision and are prepared to dream big with us.
Position title: Accountant
Posting Date: June 12, 2017
Closing Date: June 25, 2017 or until filled
Location: Vancouver BC
Business Sector: Non-profit
Conveniently located close to the sky-train in Gastown, Ecotrust Canada is focused on designing economic alternatives that benefit people in the places they call home. Ecotrust is a Registered Charity that has several wholly owned for-profit subsidiaries. We are looking for an accountant with strong full-cycle accounting and payroll processing experience. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accountant will be involved in the accounting process for the group of companies, including project accounting, invoicing, AP/AR, and assisting with audit and financial reporting. We offer flexible hours, work/life balance and a comprehensive benefit package. If you are looking for a role that allows you to combine your financial expertise with your passion for people and planet in a fast-paced operating environment, this may be the role for you. For more information, please see www.ecotrust.ca.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing, validating and processing employee expense reports, corporate credit cards and vendor payments
- Finalizing and recording billing, preparing aging AR reports
- Preparing and filing GST and PST remittances
- Processing Payroll, performing Group insurance and MSP administration, WCB reporting
- Recording bank and cash transactions, preparing EFT requests, monitoring cash balances and assisting in preparation of monthly Cash Flow forecasts
- Assist with month-end close, including month-end journal entries, inter-company transactions, posting/reversing accruals, maintaining PPD schedule and performing monthly reconciliations
- Assisting with year-end audit requirements and preparing annual audit working papers and supporting documentation
- Assisting with external and internal Financial reporting and providing program managers with financial information as requested
- Assisting in leading continuous improvement initiatives in financial controls, accounting processes and procedures
- Taking on special projects and perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Strong full-cycle accounting background with 5+ years’ experience
- Accounting related diploma/degree or working towards CPA designation
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks is a strong asset
- Good organizational skills
- Intermediate Excel skills including vlook-up function, pivot tables, etc.
- Ability to meet deadlines and be a team player
- Demonstrated superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Excited to learn, and a desire to contribute and grow in the long term
- Experience with Ceridian payroll system is an asset
- Experience in non-for-profit sector is an asset
Please forward your cover letter, resume and salary expectation (range) no later than June 25, 2017 to email@example.com
We thank all the applicants for their interest, however, only qualified candidates selected will be contacted.